Ozone Dissolution into Water with a Venturi Injector
The process of dissolving ozone gas into flowing water can be achieved through the utilization of a venturi injector. Known for its high efficiency, the venturi injector can reach up to 90% efficiency, and in some cases, it can even attain an impressive 99% efficiency when it comes to ozone dissolution in water. This method stands as the prevailing and favored approach for introducing ozone into water.
The mechanism of a venturi injector involves the utilization of a small orifice with an offset opening and a suction port, which creates a pressure differential. Through the suction port, ozone gas is drawn into the water. As a result of the pressure change and the accompanying forces, the ozone gas rapidly and efficiently dissolves into the liquid.
In order to utilize a venturi injector, two conditions must be met: the presence of flowing water and sufficient water pressure, which can be reduced at the discharge point of the venturi injector. The flow and pressure of water can be sourced from an existing supply or an independent water pump can be dedicated to provide the necessary flow and pressure for the venturi injector.
● Exceedingly high efficiency
● An excellent choice for pressurized water applications
● Increasing the amount of ozone dissolved into water results in reduced ozone off-gassing, leading to a safer environment.
● Enhanced containment and a safer environment are achieved through easier management of ozone gas and its off-gassing when it is dissolved in water.
● Compared to other options, the utilization of a venturi injector typically demands more energy due to the necessary pressure differential.
● Flowing and pressurized water is a prerequisite for this method.
● There is an increased risk of water backing up into the ozone generator when water is pressurized.
● Contaminated water poses the risk of causing blockages or obstructions in the venturi injector.
While ozone gas has limited solubility in liquid, it is possible to achieve high mass transfer efficiencies by employing appropriate methods and equipment for ozone dissolution in water. Regardless of the chosen method, effective ozone dissolution can be accomplished with the right approach. To design an optimal system using a venturi injector for your ozone application, consider the following tips:
Some Basics of Ozone Solubility
● The solubility rate of ozone gas into liquid is heightened by lower temperatures.
● The solubility rate of ozone gas into liquid is enhanced by higher pressures.
● The solubility rate of ozone gas into liquid is intensified by higher concentrations of ozone gas.
Designing Your Ozone System with a Venturi Injector: Key Considerations
Sizing It Properly
A diverse range of Venturi Injectors is readily available, offering various sizes to accommodate different water pressures and flow rates. Selecting the appropriate Venturi Injector for your specific application is crucial for achieving successful results.
Every Venturi Injector is accompanied by a performance chart that displays the anticipated water flow-rate, water pressure, and corresponding suction rate based on the discharge pressure. Utilize this chart to determine the suitable venturi size that aligns with your specific water flow-rate and/or gas suction requirements.
● For proper installation of venturi injectors, it is essential to position them either horizontally or vertically, with the outlet positioned above the inlet (water flowing upward). Avoid installing them with the inlet above the outlet, as this may result in erratic suction.
● When installing a venturi injector, it is crucial to place the piping downstream of the venturi before allowing water to flow into a tank. Ensure that a minimum of 12 inches of piping is utilized at the venturi outlet for optimal performance.
● It is important to avoid restricting the venturi outlet. Consider using larger tubing at the venturi outflow compared to the inflow, as the pipe will be filled with both water and the additional gas that has been pulled into the venturi.
● To achieve optimal performance, aim for a pressure differential of 20 PSI or higher between the venturi inlet and outlet.
● To verify water pressures, it is recommended to install pressure gauges directly at the venturi inlet and outlet using tee connections. This allows for accurate monitoring of water pressures.
Leave A Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *